[askdba] Stby DB Backup failed

  • From: drumil narayan <drumilnarayan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:47:53 +0530 (IST)

Dear All,

am facing a problem on standby database.

On November 9 a file was supposed to ship from the actual database to standby
db that archive file may not be shipped or might have been deleted/archived,
how do i know what exactly has happened.
Now if am executing manual backup script its poinitng to the archive file of
November 9, which am not able to find.
Now, how should i proceed my admin is saying if stby backup is not done, there
will not be a backup of primay datbase also. how should i validate this

We are using RMAN, we do not have complete documentation, our usual DBA is on

Kindly help.

      Save all your chat conversations. Find them online at