[askdba] Question regarding MAX SGA Size and Physical Memory

  • From: Rajesh Puneyani <rajpuneyani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:07:32 -0400

Hi guys,

We are on windows 2k / oracle 9iR2.
One of my database has following configuration -

SIZE of SGA = 550 Mb

This has to be a dedicated database on this server (with 4Gb RAM). so
whole 2Gb can be dedicated to this one database.

1. Now If I shutdown this database, change the parameter SGA_MAX_SIZE
= 2Gb then can I expect any issues while restarting the database ?

2. If LOCK_SGA is false then Step 1 would not have any effect on
ACTUAL SGA Size..Right ? Pls. confirm.

Your insight on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards