[askdba] Question in HOT BACKUP

  • From: Chirag DBA <ChiragDBA@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:10:26 +0530

Hi,

I just appeared in an interview.

When I was asked which filese I will copy for hot backup, I said redo too.

Cause I think they can help us always to recover database upto point of time.

I was pulled a lot, but my only question that if not redo then how
will you recover yr DB upto point of failure, stopped the arguements.

M I true in this case? I have done expoerts in hot backups in
production database.

Can anyone clear my doubts? If u copy couple datafiles in hotback with
begin backup, n yr DB crashes... what will happen? Assume that an
archive log file is generated every 30 minutes and my DB crashed after
15 minutes of Last Archive file generated.

Can I go without REDO Log File ???

 - Chirag