[askdba] Partitioned tables and Replication

  • From: "Yavor Ivanov" <yavor_ivanov@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:17:43 +0300

        Hello, gurus

        I am developing a strategy for a large distributed database system. It
will include more than 100 servers on different locations. This leads me
directly to oracle repliction. I have to use both maste-to-master and
master-to-snapshot models, on 3 levels.

        One of the requirements is the ability to partition tables, since the
workload for on some of the tables is expected to be more than 1 mil
rows/year.

        I want to ask if somebody ever used replication on partitioned tables -

is it possible, is there any trick.

        Rgds,
        Yavor