[askdba] Oracle 9i Win 2000 performance monitoring confusion.

  • From: Rick_Cale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:40:27 -0500

Hi All,

I have been trying to connect info returned by TLIST and monitor only the
process of interest in performance monitor

For ex.  I have 4 oracle instances on a Win 2k server.

One of the instances is utilizing excessive CPU
I can determine the PID for the instance in question using TLIST.
For ex PID=1000

In performance monitor I only want to monitor for PID 1000 to determine
SPID which in turn I can find out exactly what thread/session in Oracle
is the culprit.    I see no way in perfmon to monitor only PID 1000.  When
I choose performance object Thread and counters ID Thread it shows
something like oracle/1#1   oracle/1#2 oracle/2#1 oracle/2#2
oracle/2#3....etc.
I know this sounds confusing but bottom line how can I monitor only PID
1000 in perfmon?

Thanks

Rick Cale
Database Administrator