[askdba] ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

  • From: Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle_champions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

I'm creating a DB thru OEM's DBCA in Novel netware, Oracle 8.1.
First it creates and starts an instance
Second it tries to create the database files, now this ORA-12560 error flashes.
How can I resolve this error?
I checked the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora, the only difference was it was not
with complete domain name, so I edited that also, re-started that
listener..still this error persists.
When I tried to manualy execute those files, am not able to secure 'connect
Pls shed some light on this.
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
Best Regards,

Thanks & Best Regards,