[askdba] Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

  • From: "Vinod Gopinath BMMI IS" <vinodg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:25:11 +0300

Chirag,
ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel

Cause: An unexpected end-of-file was processed on the communication
channel. The problem could not be handled by the Net8, two task,
software. This message could occur if the shadow two-task process
associated with a Net8 connect has terminated abnormally, or if there is
a physical failure of the interprocess communication vehicle, that is,
the network or server machine went down. In addition, this message could
occur when ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION or ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION
were issued with the IMMEDIATE qualifier because, in those cases, the
client's connection to the database is terminated without waiting for
the client to issue a request.

Action: If this message occurs during a connection attempt, check the
setup files for the appropriate Net8 driver and confirm Net8 software is
correctly installed on the server. If the message occurs after a
connection is well established, and the error is not due to a physical
failure, check if a trace file was generated on the server at failure
time. Existence of a trace file may suggest an Oracle internal error
that requires the assistance of customer support.=20
****

I suspect the connectivity between the remote db and the pc. What OS
client is running on.

/- Vinod