[askdba] Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

  • From: "Deepa S. Kale" <deepask@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:59:15 +0530

chirag can u send me only stmt and pl/sql code also...
u get probelm in compiling or in executing pl/sql ....?

Deepa Kale -DBA
Jyoti Structures - Nasik(IT)

             Chirag DBA
             <ChiragDBA@gmail.
             Sent by:                  askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             askdba-bounce@fre                                          cc
             elists.org                tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nisar Tareen
                                       <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>,
                                       "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)"
             18-10-2004 12:49          <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       [askdba] Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file
                                       on communication channel
             Please respond to
             askdba@freelists.
                    org

Thank you Subodh,

but Cursor is very slow I think. My client has asked me not to use
cursor as it will take lot many time to execute.

and I tried running each statement seperately, goes fine.

I think I need to change some parameter in SQLNET.ORA Im sure but what
parameter and what value not sure. I was getting this error in
previous company where I was working as a Production DBA and did
something in SQLNET.ORA and resolved. I need to check it again anyhow.

Im getting all the outputs after the completion of the Procedure. Any
idea to get it as and when they occur.

 - Chirag Majmundar

askdba@xxxxxxxxxxx=
> rg
> Subject: [askdba] Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
> Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:58:49 +0530
>
> >=20
> > U r riget tim,
> >=20
> > I will update the code, that will definitely help me.
> >=20
> > and Nissar,
> > as u said it can a problem of NETWORK, well, I can run each statement
> > seperately without any problem. So I cant say that there is a
> > networking issue with this.
> >=20
> > and is there any way that I can get the msg immediately after
> > executing the something.
> >=20
> > I mean all the DBMS_OUTPUT messages comes after the completion of the
Pro=
> cedure.
> >=20
> > I wanna give some msg in between finishing each action.
> >=20
> > Any alternative of DBMA_OUTPUT??
> >=20
> >  - Chirag=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:24:03 -0600, Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > > Um, what's with the EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'COMMIT' command?  PL/SQL
support=
> s the
> > > COMMIT and ROLLBACK commands natively.  Also, it is a bad habit to
left=
> -pad
> > > or right-pad spaces into the EXECUTE IMMEDIATE ' TRUNCATE TABLE
> > > TEMP_PROFILE_USERS ' command.
> > >=20
> > > The code shows lack of clarity on the nature of the DBMS_OUTPUT
package.
> > > All of the strings "printed" using the procedure PUT_LINE are simply
> > > buffered into a text string.  If SET SERVEROUTPUT ON is run in
SQL*Plus,
> > > then this text string is implicitly allocated/cleared by SQL*Plus at
the
> > > start of the procedure call and will be output to standard output by
> > > SQL*Plus implicitly only at the conclusion of the procedure call.
> > >=20
> > > So, outputting messages that say "Please Wait ..." will appear
strange =
> as
> > > all of the messages will be seen only at the conclusion of the
procedur=
> e.
> > > Just an FYI...
> > >=20
> > > As far as diagnosing the ORA-03113, first try commenting out the
INSERT

> ..');

profile_users(BEPUSER_ID,ORIGIN,OPRID,LAST_NAME,FIRST_NAME,DESC_DEPT,=
> LOCATION,

SQ_iCAREUSER.nextval,'iCare',OPRID,LAST_NAME,FIRST_NAME,DEPARTMENT,LO=

http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.as=