[askdba] Re: Need help with Interview Questions

  • From: "Subodh Deshpande" <subodh_deshpande@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 01:41:25 -0500

hello rajesh, irfan, ganesh, nisar

you have nicely explained your thoughts..

and please read peplings posting once again..

and read the contents of the urls posted by you..you will find the similari=
ties in his answer and the writers of the urls posted by you..

i will say in short if both are used correctly for the right objects then o=
nly they are beneficial,   the size of the extents and allocation policy de=
pends on application logic, business process flow and how it is finally con=
verted into a database design and application design..

rajesh, this question was one of the important question of your interview, =
the interviwer was really intelellegent and experienced..there were many qu=
estions in his single question

he did tested your domain knowledge
he did tested what features you have used from oracle database technology
have you correctly used the features of oracle for that domain
how you have used them (method of using them and your dba skill)
while using how you look at it and finally what will the effect of that tha=
t..

in all this discussion, can you think/feel that table can be created by rec=
overying a database also..
i think he was giving you hint by asking the question about recovery...

thanx in advance..subodh