[askdba] Merging Databases

  • From: Rajesh Puneyani <rajpuneyani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:26:38 -0400

Hi guys,

I have to present a detailed proposal/technical plan of merging a few
databases of similar functional nature (not essentially similar DB
objects) without changing the application (or minimum possible

e.g. Several customer Information databases will have customer
specific data but underlying tables etc could be different in all of
them. The Requirement is to merge them.

I have a few strategies to achieve that but to elaborate upon them and
see if there could be more strategies, I was looking for some external

Does anyone has any white paper or some documentation on this topic ?
Any help would be more than appreciated.