[askdba] Re: Listner does not start when domain name is changed.

  • From: "Pepling, Todd C." <tpepling@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx, askdba-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:53:48 -0400

Did you update listener.ora?

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinod Gopinath BMMI IS [mailto:vinodg@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:41 AM
To: oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx; askdba-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Subject: [askdba] Listner does not start when domain name is changed.

Oracle 8.1.6 on Win2K.
We have to change the domian name as we are migrating from NT to 2003.
When we changed the domian name on the server which runs Oracle, the SID
starts but the listner doesnot start. This throws a message saying
"Listener could not start"
What needs to be done so as to start the listener?
If any one has any idea on this, pls let me know.