[askdba] Re: How to find the OS Storage type?

  • From: Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle_champions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:25:49 -0700 (PDT)

I REQUEST EVERYONE NOT TO REPLY FOR THIS MAIL.

Nisar Tareen,

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks for everyone who have answered my questions in this forum.

My email address says dba, but it doesnt mean it. I'm a newbie in the vast
ocean of Oracle,  I was a programmer who was assisting DBA's and few months
back I've started as DBA.

Few doubts I have raised, I read few materials, when I was not able to get a
clear view, I thought to post the forum, it's not that I posted straightaway to
the forum.

Other issues, like scripts, I wanted to know(if others didnt mind), how they
handle it, as each and everyone has his/her own way to handle the issues.

What do you mean by...

"where ever  Thaigoo is working,  there will be many qualified DBAs in that
part of the world looking for a job  or can be hired by the company where
Thaigoo works and help Thaigoo for some money"

Anyone can join in any company, HR and Resource Management will work towards
this.. if you talk abt Oracle its OK for me, even if you suggest to go to any
institute to study that's also OK with me, but why have you written "help
Thaigoo for some money".......

DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE SUCH RIGHT TO COMMENT ON OTHERS LIKE THIS?

MONEY IS PERSONAL FOR ME, DO YOU THINK ANYONE CAN HELP IN THIS WAY
 OR
 WILL ANYONE ACCEPT EVEN IF YOU HELP?

Whether you help for my issue is a different issue. Even if I didnt get any
reply from this forum, I'm going to solve in my way..BUT I DONT LIKE THESE
PERSONAL COMMENTS.

I would like to remind that 'THERE'S NO ONE WHO  KNOWS EVERYTHING AND THERE'S
NO ONE WHO KNOWS NOTHING',

BASED ON HIS/HER EDUCATION/CAPABILITY/WISDOM/KNOWLEDGE THEY DEVELOP THIS.

I apologize to the forum, for wasting your precious time and I request anyone
not to reply for my mail..as many souls are trying to improve their knowledge
and I dont want to hamper their efforts and reduce the dignity of this forum.

If you've replied for me alone its OK, since u have cc-ed I've replied to them
same.

 Best Regards,
Thiagu

Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Thaigu  its time to go and attend some Computer institute, and  learn like
other had done. I had seen your and few others questions in the past two weeks
and come to the following views.   (Before throwing your so basic questions
please refer to a manual or do some effort. )

Dear frends on the forums,  its good to guide and lend a helping hand to a
fellow but to help by giving free ride to an unqualified / untrained person,
is to harm other  qualified person who can do a better job where ever  Thaigoo
is working,  there will be many qualified DBAs in that part of the world
looking for a job  or can be hired by the company where Thaigoo works and help
Thaigoo for some money.

I know many will hate me for this reply specailly Thaigoo but  many qualified
proffesional will under stand from where I am comming from  or going to.

Nisar Tareen

(Help a fellow DBA).

Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HI,

1.How can I find the OS storage type? Which command should I execute to find
this?

Mine is Oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2.0.4
OS :- AIX 5.1

2.What's the advantage of pfile over init.ora?

PS:- If somebody is having hot/cold/RMAN backup/restore scripts, pls forward
the same to me.

-TIA,
Thiagu

Yahoo! for Good