[askdba] Re: How to find the OS Storage type?

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle_champions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Thaigu  its time to go and attend some Computer institute, and  learn like
other had done. I had seen your and few others questions in the past two weeks
and come to the following views.   (Before throwing your so basic questions
please refer to a manual or do some effort. )

Dear frends on the forums,  its good to guide and lend a helping hand to a
fellow but to help by giving free ride to an unqualified / untrained person,
is to harm other  qualified person who can do a better job where ever  Thaigoo
is working,  there will be many qualified DBAs in that part of the world
looking for a job  or can be hired by the company where Thaigoo works and help
Thaigoo for some money.

I know many will hate me for this reply specailly Thaigoo but  many qualified
proffesional will under stand from where I am comming from  or going to.

Nisar Tareen

(Help a fellow DBA).

Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HI,

1.How can I find the OS storage type? Which command should I execute to find
this?

Mine is Oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2.0.4
OS :- AIX 5.1

2.What's the advantage of pfile over init.ora?

PS:- If somebody is having hot/cold/RMAN backup/restore scripts, pls forward
the same to me.

-TIA,
Thiagu

Yahoo! for Good