[askdba] Re: Global Index on Partition Table

  • From: Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:39:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi Regis,

Thanks Regis..! Sorry, I think I missed your mail..! Thanks for all/any others
whom I've missed in my list.! It was not intentional..! I subscribed to askdba
after a very long time..earlier I was there in Lazydba..so many are known(thru
email) to me ..and from others problems..I learnt more..and even for few
questions..I used to respond..Pls show me the right direction if I was wrong in
any of my emails..!

Regis I like your way of approaching the problems..and in fact in this group
I've learnt a lot..as am new to this DBA field. I cant name..but there are many
persons..who give really good input for me.

I've few questions..these are generic..which I faced during my interviews..!

[] What's the difference between normal DB(Client Server) and VLDB, which all
we need to take care as part of DBA responsibility..? Similarly for Client
server DB vs Datawarehousing DB.

[] If a user has just logged in and logged out without doing any transaction,
can we come to know from any of the data dictionary views?, I know that using
v$session I can see the currently logged on users.

Am looking for DBA Interview questions..unable to find a good one..if you know
any such..pls forward to me..!

Thanks!
-THIAGU

Regis Biassala <Regis.Biassala@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Ganesh and Patricia..what about me ????