[askdba] Global Index on Partition Table

  • From: Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:49:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
One of my colleague is facing a problem..so need you advice.
I'm having a table with few partitions with Global Index on it and for the next
year 2005, I need to add another partition and Global index , what's the best
way to do it?
One way which strikes for me instantly is 'alter table add partition' and later
to drop the index and create new global index..is there anyway to rebuild the
index,without dropping the existing index?
I will be doing in dev and later on prod. Each partition may have 3-4GB of data.
Do you Yahoo!?