[askdba] Re: Export error ..

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 05:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

Normally,  from the lower level to higher level export there should be no
problem.  I had done this and worked fine for me.
Check the Compatblity parameter in  the init.  (just a guess)
Nisar Tareen

Chirag DBA <ChiragDBA@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One of my frnd is trying to generate development DB from production.

Production machine is 8.1.7 and development DB where he want to upload
a DB is 9.2. He is taking export from his machine n getting this
error. There is no DB migration is done.

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release - Production
JServer Release - Production
EXP-00056: ORACLE error 942 encountered
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

Any Idea ?????

- Chiku

Do you Yahoo!?