[askdba] EXP/IMP or Copy data through T1 line

  • From: VuCanDo <vuquyen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:02:11 -0700

Hi everyone,

I need to move 1TB or more data (100 STATIC tables) from client back to our
database here through delicate T1 line between the 2 databases using DB
Link. Our client is running on Oracle 8.1.7.0 <http://8.1.7.0/> on AIX and
our box is on Oracle 10.1.0.3 <http://10.1.0.3/> on Sun Solaris. This is how
I plan to attack the problem. I have approximate 3 weeks to transfer over
(24 hours)

1. Execute Exp/Imp for all small tables with compress using dblink in our
box.
2. Using Copy or Insert (DB Link) command to move data by YEAR (One at the
time) for some other BIG tables (100GB) since the columns in the table will
be naming little different then original table.

Please advice me the CON & PRO or another solutions about this sceniaro.

Thanks in advance,

Vu