[askdba] Databases is hanging with Metric Collection Error

  • From: drumil narayan <drumilnarayan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:44:14 +0530 (IST)

We have two node rac db, since yesterday we are facing the problem of metric
collection error on it after every four hours and databases hangs after it,
need to re-boot it.

there are no entires in laert log about hanging or space etc...
We are not getting definate answer from oracle since yesterday...has anybody
faced something like this...

other than sys nobody is able to connect to db once the metric collection error
is received..

please help

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/