[askdba] Re: Database Link between different Oracle versions

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:37:08 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the update.

Nisar Tareen
"Pepling, Todd C." <tpepling@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My point was that what you posted was not entirely correct. You said,

"The links dose not effect the structures of database, they only help you to
view / update or retrive the data."

This isn't a true statement. Oracle let's us do more than only
update/select data via database links. And while the link itself is
harmless, a user can do damage to database structures in the remote database
if the link is created using an account that has the proper privileges (or
perhaps improper privileges in this case) in the remote database.

Make sense?

 The all-new My Yahoo! ? What will yours do?