[askdba] Re: Database Link between different Oracle versions

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:55:37 -0800 (PST)

The links dose not effect the structures of  database,  they only help you to
view / update or retrive the data and the security issue is the user's
responsibilty, So the links should be safe and add on help for a   hetrogenious
 database environment.
Nisar Tareen

Kurt McKeown <kurt_mckeown@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anybody tell me if it is generally save to use
database links between different versions of Oracle,
e.g. between and or between

I couldn't find an official statement about that
aspect in the Oracle documentation.

Do you Yahoo!?
 The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!