[askdba] Re: DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS - HELP

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:36:50 -0800 (PST)

The message just tell you that instance has not started.

Check the Alert log.

HOw did you close the database, Normal or Abort.

But the value back to 0 and restart.

Nisar Tareen
"Pepling, Todd C." <tpepling@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Wait a minute! So the database was running with db_block_buffers=0? Do you
also have any of the following set:

db_2k_cache_size
db_4k_cache_size
db_8k_cache_size
db_16k_cache_size
db_32k_cache_size
db_cache_size
db_keep_cache_size
db_recycle_cache_size

? You may have an issue with conflicting parameters. I don't know if
that's possible or not, but given the database was running, you changed one
parameter, bounced, and it failed to start, that's the first area I'd
research.