[askdba] Re: Buffer cache hit very low...!!!

  • From: Chirag DBA <chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:19:43 -0400

This is the topic I have seen long long discussions but never ended up with
a single voice.
 What I think is the main reason for performance is the bad SQLs and the
next is index is not working properly. Might be because of getting split.
Here we have lots of DMLs so might indexes are got split and are leading to
FTS of the tables.
 and I have seen these things really working and that is why I think I still
believe this strongly.
  -chirag