[askdba] Re: Archieves and no listener

  • From: Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:52:39 -0700 (PDT)

Drumil Narayan,

  1. I think you're connecting from the machine, where the database resides,Pls
try to connect to this database from some other machine. In this way, it
ensures that listener is up and running!

  2. Check whether tnsnames.ora has the right database name, server name &
port# and whether tnsping works fine. Check whether listener has proper
configurations.

  3.check, lsnrctl status, stop and start and see whether listener is up and
running.

  4.How many versions of Oracle are running in that machine, if there are
multiple versions running, you should start the listener with the highest
version of oracle/listener. For ex, if u hv 8i,9i,10g running, set oracle sid
to 10g database and start the listener...this will start all the listener
versions..!

  Pls try this..and let me know..whether is helped to resolve the issue.

  HTH,
  Thiagu

drumil narayan <drumilnarayan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi All,

Any clues please..thanks..drumil
--- drumil narayan wrote:

> I am able to connect to the instance from sql
> client,
> so listner is up, still why am receiving error in my
> alert log.
> The OS level write permission/space are already
> checked and no issues in it..
> there is no hangup session, lock observed from
> oem10g
>
> what could be the issue
>
> Errors in file
> /usr/oracle/admin/WHSE/bdump/whse1_arc0_30929.trc:
> ORA-12541: TNS:no listener
> Wed Aug 22 11:24:40 2007
> Errors in file
> /usr/oracle/admin/WHSE/bdump/whse1_arc0_30929.trc:
> ORA-12541: TNS:no listener
> Wed Aug 22 11:30:40 2007
> Errors in file
> /usr/oracle/admin/WHSE/bdump/whse1_arc0_30929.trc:
> ORA-12541: TNS:no listener
>

> 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in
> your inbox. Go to

http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Once upon a time there was 1 GB storage in your inbox. To know the happy ending
go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Thanks & Best Regards,

Thiagu

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
when.