[askdba] Re: AQ example

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:48:45 -0800 (PST)

Yavor,

How about this mini defenation.

By some one...

Oracle Advance Queuing's operating mechanism can be compared to that of a
mailing service; its components are very similar to that of real-life mailing
services. Oracle's Advance Queuing feature consists of queues (similar to mail
boxes), messages composed of the control information and the data to be sent
(the envelopes containing the letter and address information), enqueue and
dequeue operations (dropping the letter in the mail box and retrieving the mail
designated for you), and agents (the customers using the mail services).

Nisar Tareen
Yavor Ivanov <yavor_ivanov@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello, gurus

Can anybody point me to good and easy example of Advanced Queues usage. I
need the basic terms and mechanism knowledge.

Rgds,
Yavor