[askdba] 10g Grid control (discover nodes)

  • From: Regis Biassala <Regis.Biassala@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:15:19 -0000

Hi all,
May be one can help,

I installed a 10g Grid control so that I can manage all my databases (8.1.7
up to 10g), 10gAS into one controlled environment.

I am having trouble to discover nodes...can one help?

I've installed the management agents on the machine hosting oracle stuff
that I want to grid control.

I've tried to manually discover those nodes by running the perl script and
yet nothing...(Note:267177.1)

My Grid control is on windows and all databases on that machine were
automatiquely found...

I've got databases/clusters on AIX, Redhat, Fedora, Solaris, HP-UX, SUSE,
UnitedLinux, Mandrake ...nothing works !!!

Note: the management agent is start OK on all nodes...

I might just give up for time being....the mood is leaving me... : )-

Thanks,

Regis