[ask] Garganey, Fernald Preserve, Hamilton Co., Ohio

Kentucky Birders,

Leaving Richmond, KY at 4:30 a.m. this morning was worth the long drive to
Fernald Preserve, just west of Cincinnati.  By 6:45 a.m. I had good scope looks
at the Garganey that has been hanging out with a group of Blue-winged Teal
there
for the past couple of days.  After 15 or so minutes the group flew off to
another pond and that was the last I got to see of them.  As the light was so
low at that time of the morning, and with a threatening storm on the horizon, I
was unable to obtain any usable pictures of the bird.

After the two hour drive home I later found out the bird returned about 20
minutes after I left the pond about 8:30 a.m.  I  should have stayed an extra
30
minutes for that picture.......

Ed Talbott
Richmond, KY