[ask] Bewick's Wren

The family farm in Harrison County.

There has been a bit of renovation being done on the 130 year old farm
house. During noon meal yesterday, my sister heard a loud song coming
through the house from the construction end, where the door had been
left wide open. Not recognizing it, she went to investigate; a pair of
Bewick's Wrens had entered the house, and one was singing from the
window sill. By all accounts, they didn't want to leave.

Foot note: construction will not be halted while they raise a family in
the living room.

It is odd how they show up there about this time every year that they do
show up, which has been six years in the last 30 that I know of.

Scott

lexington