Re: [artworks] Sprite masks and hidden sprites

  • From: Stewart J Brookes <4stewy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:46:04 +0100

>>> Second I find I have a few sprites in the sprite pool that I cannot
>>> see on the artwork and yet when I try to delete them fromt he sprite
>>> pool, I am told they are in use.

> That means that they are still lurking somewhere. For instance, you
> could have two versions of a sprite, one on top of the other in the
> document. Then, you cannot see the bottom one. There is no mechanism
> to find a specific sprite in the document and I cannot really think of
> how the user interface for that should look like.

The Filter mechanism can be used, of course, to find *all* of the
sprites in a document. Would it be possible to add a
wordprocessor-style 'Find/Find next/Delete' interface to that?

The most intuitive system would be if you could delete sprites from
the Sprite pool even if they *are* in use, with an 'Are you sure?'
style warning. Would that be possible?

Filtering my ideas,

Stewy