Re: [artworks] Perspective problem?

In message <8cf5e6ec4e.zen44412@xxxxxxxxx>
          Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.simon-smith.org/ArtWorks.zip (note capitalisation)
>
> contains an image with a perspective envelope. Sorry about the horrible
> colour scheme. If you keep the envelope very close to the size of the
> original shape - within a centimeter or so - the envelope works as expected,
> but if you start distorting the shape beyond that, the under-over-under-over
> pattern at the junctions is very soon distorted and then lost. It's as if
> Artworks loses track of what items should be layered on top of one another.
> Not a major bug, but a bug nonetheless, I feel. Just moving one corner back
> and forth is enough to show the effect.

Interesting. My first thoughts are that it may be a line-width and/or
line-ending problem.

AW's perspective tool is pretty good, but it doesn't adjust line-widths
according to the perspective -- that would require variable-width lines,
which AW doesn't support. So while each line's coordinates are
perspectivised, the actual line itself isn't ... and neither are the
line-joining settings -- mitres, or whatever -- which I think is what
you're seeing when you perspectivise it in certain ways.

I think to get the correct effect, each line would need to be converted
to a filled shape. Which has been requested before, IIRC; it would be
a useful feature in a number of ways.

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!