Re: [artworks] Graphics site update

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:22:59 +0100

On 30 Mar at 11:14, Nick K <signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <da080c0051.signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Nick K <signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > to create the illusion of an underlap simply clone a segment of the
> > red line and cover over grey line where necessary
>
> should be a segment of both the red and grey lines
>
> nk

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

I finished it acceptably for me with a combination of double lines for
the simple shapes and pairs of curvy rectangles for the real cute bow.
I did start off with sectors at one point and cut a bit off and then
used that.

When I have a bit more time (panic mode currently!) I'll have a bash at
contours on Xara; I have to use this occasionally for shadows but it is
no good in v. 4, as I found today, for intricate, curvilinear shapes.
But skinflint here is refusing to shell out for version 5 as they don't
seem to be offering enough of a discount for v. 4 owners.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim@xxxxxxxxx
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/