Re: [artworks] Bitmap image size and DPI

  • From: Brian Carroll <briancarroll@xxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:17:55 +0100

In article <48922362.7010709@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall
<cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is not specifically ArtWorks related, but members of this
> group may be well placed to supply an answer to my question

> I have a digital photo taken with a Canon EOS 350D camera (8
> mega-pixels, I think). The photo was taken in high quality
> mode. To any bitmap editing software I've tried, the image
> size appears as 2048 x 1536 pixels, and the Image DPI as 72
> pixels/inch. The file size is 9 MB.

> To my eyes this is quite a high resolution image. Can it
> really be just 72 DPI -- or am I misunderstanding the
> relationship between resolution and DPI?

Clive, this is the 2nd time you have Hi-jacked the thread started
by Tim P-L  by changing the title of an existing message to pose
a new topic. This makes a mess of a threaded message display such
as I use (Pluto) and means that your new title fails to appear in
the subjects list.  I and I suspect some others would be grateful
if you could avoid doing this in future.

Brian.