Re: [artworks] Artefacts on Artistic Lines

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 13:05:55 +0100

In article <19700fa852.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <52a7f43b44riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have another little issue which you may be able to offer a
> > solution/work-around. The square has a small triangular piece
> > missing from the bottom-left-hand-corner as in..........

> > http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~riscos/problems/analysis.zip

> Yes, that is to be expected since that is the corner where the open
> line starts and ends. You can "fill in" the corner easily by
> extending the line. Simply add a tiny vertical extra line segment
> to the end of the line. Then, move it up until the phases of the
> wave overlap.

Sorry Martin this is not sinking in - I understand illustrations much
better than words - is there anyway you can send me a pictorial
representation of this?

The way I can do this is to CTRL-drag the two overlapping control
points to the respective edges of the shape but this messes up the
phasing of the sinewave pattern. If you look at the original shape
number 1 (web address above) all inner corners are near enough
identical giving a nice effect - they are in-phase so to speak. I
think its this phasing idea I can't grasp.

Regards

Richard