[arthrogryposis] AGM.

  • From: "Brian Dalton" <Brian.Dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arthrogryposis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 10:31:42 +0100

Hi All,

Its been a long time since I put a mail out to this list, but I would like to
get it up and running again, and use it to get us all talking.

Last Saturday 29th May, we had our AGM/Open-day in the Tullamore Court hotel.
All feedback would say that this event was certainly a success.

We had a number of speakers to present on issues that our members wanted info
on. Mags Moloy from Fas, gave us an informative presentation of grants for
disabled people in employment, as well as online training courses that could be
done at your own pace.

Ann Marie Flanagan, gave us an enlightening presentation on the area of
Independant Living. The background to the system, how it was set up and how it
could be used by our members. This was certainly thought provoking, and woke me
up from my hung over state, after the pints I had the night before. Thanks
Jo.....

Unfortunately, Lorraine Gallagher from AHEAD, was down to talk, but couldn't
attend owing to her being ill. I do have her presentation, and it will be going
up on our website real soon.

We then moved to the business of the AGM, and the election of the new
committee, and here is the results of the Arthrogryposis Jury.
Chairperson, Brian Dalton.
Vice-chair, Emmett Daly.
Secretary, Suzanne Dalton.
PRO, Gillian Duffy-huff.
Ordinary Members:
Richard Daly, Jimmy Gilhooly, Gerry Coveney, Fiona Power and Ann Marie Flanagan.

I would like to welcome both Fiona and Ann Marie to the committee. They will
bring a pile of energy and change to our Association.

I would also like to say thanks to Joan Mcguinness, for being on the committee
over the last number of years. Joan,. your input is wellcome, and I will be in
touch shortly.

At the AGM, we agreed to enter a strategic development plan. It was felt that
we needed to re-define ourselves, see where we are going, and see what it is
that we want to achieve.

There will be a committee meeting to plan this in July, and we will be in touch
with you to organise a workshop style approach, to get your input.

We then took up our positions in the bar, for a well deserved thurst quenching
few pints, before a really nice meal.

While some people decided for one reason or another to get out at this point, a
certain few decided to keep things going, and we eventually crashed at
something like four thirty the following morning. Needless to say, the hang
over on the train home was savage.

One thing that we did introduce during the previous year, was a Newsletter.
This is a forum which will keep people up-to-date with what we are doing, as
well as being informative to our members. So, if you would like to submit any
info for this, please get in touch. It will be on our website very shortly. Mr
John Sugrue has been given the task of our Newsletter editor, and he has done a
brilliant job on the first one. So, please send him lots of stuff for the next
one, which should be out around Christmas time.

I have asked Fiona to bring the website up-to-date, and keep it packed with
useful info. So, watch this space.

So, I would encourage you all to start using this list again. Lets talk to each
other, and bounce around ideas to make our association cool and funky.

Here's how it works:
To post on the mailing list, simply send email to
arthrogryposis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
new Users can subscribe to the list by sending email to
arthrogryposis-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

Take it handy for now, and I will chat to you all soon.

Brian |Dalton.
Arthrogryposis Chairperson.

All the best.

Brian Dalton.

..For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel insurance
visit http://www.aerlingus.com
are addressed.  Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the material.
Aer Lingus Limited
Registered in Ireland
Company Number 9215
Registered Office at Dublin Airport, Dublin,Ireland.