[arthrogryposis] 25th Anniversary celebration.

  • From: "Brian Dalton" <Brian.Dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arthrogryposis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:23:05 +0100

Hi all, I would like to let you know that the Arthrogryposis Association is
marking our 25th year anniversary, on Saturday 4th October at the Tullamore
Court Hotel. This group was started by three parents in October 1983, In
Athlone, and has grown considerably during the last 25 years. Our approach to
the day will be very casual and informal. We will be concentrating on various
activities that people with Arthrogryposis can get involved in. The one we have
chosen this time out, is sports in your local gym. Brenda Hopkins, (who has
just come back from the Paralympics in Beijing), and who is a Sports
Development Officer, will speak about the various activities that can be done
in the gym, as well as demonstrating equipment that can be used. We will also
have various companies such as Tools For Living, who sell wheelchair
accessories, demonstrating their various products on the day. It is hoped that
Either An Taoiseach Brian Cowen, or John Moloney (Minister for Disability) will
attend. We will then have our AGM, on Sunday 5th October. This is a good
opportunity for our members to put forward ideas for the committee to get stuck
into, for the next coming year. There will also be a great opportunity for
people to mix and chat, be it over a cup of coffee or a pint, where many
stories are told and ideas are swapped. It is this social aspect of our
association that our members get most value from, so I would encourage as many
of you to try and get along. Even if it means calling in for a few hours, you
are all very welcome. We have arranged a special conference rate with the
Tullamore Court Hotel for the weekend. If you need any further information,
please feel free to contact:Chairman, Brian
Dalton.Brian_Dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, 0872363282 Secretary, Emmett
Daly.emmettdaly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, 0863506920Public Rewlations Officer, Gillian
Duffy.gillianduffy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, 0879860310Looking forward to meeting you
all. Brian DaltonArthrogryposis Chairman.

..For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel insurance visit
http://www.aerlingus.com
are addressed.  Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the material.
Aer Lingus Limited
Registered in Ireland
Company Number 9215
Registered Office at Dublin Airport, Dublin,Ireland.