[ARMini-support] CMOS settings ignored

  • From: David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 18:01:09 GMT

Hi all BeagleBoarders,

I have tried various things to get my BeagleBoard (not xM) to use the
CMOS settings on booting, but to no avail.
I tried Doug Webb's suggestion of using !SDCreate to write the
appropriate files to a 4GB Transcend SD card and then BB didn't boot
at all, just showing the orange screen. :-(
!SDCreate had written 4 files to the card:
BOOT/SCR, CMOS, RISCOS and UENV/TXT , where the CMOS file was one that
I had created previously with my settings on. The other 3 files come
from uSDcard.zip downloaded from the Armini users website and dated
21/02/2012. At the end of the SDcreation a window opened saying:
Decompressing blank image .........................................
Copying BOOT/SCR
Copying UENV/TXT
Copying RISCOS
Writing CMOS image
File too big at 184"

May be the clue is in the last line?

I have also tried using !WriteCMOS, but the problem is, not in writing
the CMOS settings to the SD card, but getting my BB to obey them on
booting up. This problem has arisen since using riscos 5.18, and 5.19
if that is the version above.
I did read Jeffrey Lee's instructions on using !SDCreate.
My BB is not an ARMini, doesn't have a widget and is a RevC board of
early 2010 vintage.

By the way, it would help if folk used the correct names for any
software to be downloaded from the Armini website. As well as there
being no !SaveCMOS directory on the site as I pointed out previously,
I have not seen one called uSDcardOS3 or uSDcardOS3.zip. This is
important at a time when some of us are struggling to get riscos 3.18
working properly and there are often directories with similar names or
similar names to other software.

Even if I get a widget, I still want to sort this problem out without
a one.

Cheers,
Dave Lane

--
.... and there was me thinking that Armini was a fashion designer.
List-related queries to support@xxxxxxxxxxxx