Re: [ARMini-support] Task Usage. Was: ARMini OS 4 update release - 1Ghz and faster boot

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:03:26 +0100

On 23 Apr 2012  Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <0c66168552.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Can you make TaskUsage work with AEs on?

> I always have AEs on. My version is 1.60 (23 Mar 2003).

According to its Help file (I haven't dared to try running it again) I
have 1.61 (9 Oct 2003).

It'll run happily with AEs off, but with them on not only does it
crash, but then sets off a cascade of crashing all the other running
apps. If I do control-break to get out of this (I can't find any other
way of escaping), I then get a fatal error on restarting, just after
the "Acorn SCSIFS" bit. To get back to normal I have to switch off and
then on again. Could this be a clash with something else that I'm
running? It does seem odd, particularly as Chris can run it.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Hf     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.