Re: [ARMini-support] Problems with NetSurf

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Armini support <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 11:46:44 +0100

In message <529b05b177C.xh3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Greenwood <C.xh3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I find that NetSurf v2.9 on my ARMmini with RISC OS 5.19 crashes very
> frequently with the message:

> Netsurf has detected a serious error and
> must exit. Please submit a bug report
> attaching the browser log file

> It seems to occur when another window is moved across the NetSurf window.

Since I cannot repeat the problem, I doubt it is a general problem,
but it would be worth checking which OS version you have installed.
For example, are you using the OS4 5.19 release, or OS5 update we
published a week or so ago?

If the older version, it may be worth installing the OS5 update
(remember to read the instructions carefully).  However, as I haven't
seen that fault with either edition of the OS, it may be something
else entirely.

I'd definately start by reporting the fault to the NetSurf dev team,
and also try and be a bit more descriptive to them of what else you
have running, and so on.

Best wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS