Re: [ARMini-support] Printing

  • From: Peter Dowson <p_dowson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 14:33:16 +0900

In message <fa3ed17252.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <5272694fd0peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 18 Mar, Ian Hamilton <Ian.Hamilton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> You needs the printer definition from the 'PrintersGP' set rather than
>>> the 'PrintersG' set. That error is an indication that the wrong one was
>>> used.

>> Thanks for that but tried PrintersGP first and that locked up the BeaglexM
>> completely and had to turn the power off.

> You are using an old version of Gutenprint that does not work on the
> BeagleBoard/ARMini. You need version 2.4, which works (though for the
> time being, it requires alignment exceptions to be off).

Thought I had moved the latest over from the Iyonix but no so have now
moved 2.4 over to the BeaglexM.
> As Ian wrote, you need to use the PrintersGp directory as explained in
> the instructions.

Yes had tried that first and then tried PrintersG when that crashed,
any way with Gutenprint 2.4, PrintersGP, Printers 1.76 and JetDirectFS
set all is now printing ok.

Thanks for the help everyone.

--
Peter Dowson