Re: [ARMini-support] Occasional freezes.

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 19:20:18 GMT

On 30 Dec 2011  Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <89c5cd4952.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> When this freeze happened, I took the keyboard lead from back
>> socket to front, and the keyboard came to life. I then had to do
>> the same with the mouse lead, and that revived as well.

> You managed to do that test before me then ;)

> The final test would be whether the eg keyboard remained alive if it
> was then replugged back into the rear usb connectors.

Just tried that, and, yes, I'm typing this with the keyboard plugged
in at the back. However, perhaps I need to try that after a freeze?

> The rear connectors are on a hub that is built in to the BB, and is
> different to the OTG usb connector on the BB that is used for the
> 'external' hub included in the ARMini.

I had to look up "OTG", but am not now much wiser! I think I'll leave
the keyboard plugged in at the front, for the time being anyway.

One further oddity I forgot to mention: at the last freeze, when I
transferred the mouse and keyboard to the front sockets, and revived
them, I'd lost the internet connection; this came back after a hard
reset, so the problem would seem to have been in the computer rather
than in the line. Odd!

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.