Re: [ARMini-support] Occasional freezes.

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:28:00 +0000 (GMT)

In article <cbfef54352.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the last two days I've been
> monitoring what the loaded apps are doing using TaskUsage, and have
> come up with a distinct oddity, Keystroke, loaded at start-up,
> normally behaves, but on occasions it can use up all the available
> processor time.

I have sometimes observed a similar oddity, although not with
Keystroke, which I do not use. I observe not a freeze, but a machine
which becomes very unresponsive. Using TaskUsage, it is the !NewIcons
app which appears to consume most of the cpu cycles. As far as I can
see from the crunched basic !RunImage it is using poll_idle, but when
it is 'misbehaving' and does poll it seems to take a large cpu
bandwidth every half to one sec. I haven't been able to find a test
case to reproduce it reliably or any real explanation. Since it
doesn't happen all the time, I just reboot and hope it doesn't come
back.

--
        Chris Johnson
List-related queries to support@xxxxxxxxxxxx