Re: [ARMini-support] Not resolving

Thanks to all who advised.

FYI , it would seem that - some time ago i had 'tidied-up' and
re-connected a stray network cable. The long-forgotten box on its
other end had a previously and originally assigned IP number,
subsequently used by the ARMini. Nothing was untoward until the old
box was inadvertantly switched on when the ARMini - which I had
assigned the same IP - was running. Result - a confused router, I
guess. And it stayed confused even when all the extraneous cables were
disconnected until it was switched off and then on.

If I hadn't been advised to go pinging I could have messed things up
big style.

Many thanks. Just goes to show how a simple but obscure thing can
cause serious strife without prolonged thinking-time and good advice.

--
BW Chris F. [Supporting British RISC OS computers and computing.]

"M-boats are only little; so they'll get carried over the Mersey in
pails." Jimmy Brindley.
visit http://www.freelists.org/list/armini-support