Re: [ARMini-support] Large Fat formatted hard drive

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:10:06 +0100

Chris Johnson, on 15 Jun, wrote:

> In article <mpro.lmty2v00001b909zv.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > it just whirrs and clicks
>
> Could be the same phenomenon I have been observing.

Not quite, yours did at least start, mine didn't even do that.

As it turns out some USB drives are not without their eccentricities, OK
with Windows but nowhere else. Obviously I had two of them! It would seem
that the ARMini is less forgiving than the Iyonix.

After much mucking about I now have a 500MB Seagate Free Agent formatted as
FAT32 up and running on the ARMini. It is now just a matter of waiting to
see if it spins itself down and if so what happens next.

A bit later ...

It does spin down but does come up again with just a short delay. The
Seagate seems OK. See how it goes in the longer term. (It is in a front
socket.)
--
David Pitt
List-related queries to support@xxxxxxxxxxxx