Re: [ARMini-support] Corrupt HDD

  • From: "Patric Albutat" <albutat@xxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 21:51:24 +0100

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:36:18 +0100, A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just install it with the supplied installer - it's very very simple to
do.  You'll find additional bits of software on the ARMini download
site.

I would offer a note of caution about sticking on ROOL's latest, as it
will be a bit untested.  Right now the big change has been in cmos
handling, and I would recommend caution over that, as there have been
some reports of SD card corruption, although it isn't fully confirmed.

The ARMini OS build is from the summer, and has been pretty well
tested, so I think it is a "safer" choice, unless you're wanting beta
test the newer builds.

Andrew

Cheers Andrew

just finished the ROM upgrades, worked very nicely. Interestingly I had
no luck using !BB Flasher yesterday but that might have been due to still
being on February's ROM. Then there was an issue with the boot files having
changed for the BB-xM Rev C. Had to use SDcreate instead upgrading to ROOL's
latest. As you say I found it a bit beta in places, glad to now have the
ARMini ROM instead.
Didn't use the ARMini !Boot though as it'd probably be an awful lot of work
to re-install everything.
Couldn't open your UIxg.zip as SparPlug always suffers an internal error when
trying to do so. Any hints on this?

Patric
---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/armini-support