Re: [ARMini-support] Battery charge level

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:39:08 GMT

In message <9246f26b52.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see from the Welcome guide for the ARMini that charging the battery
> fully can take several days.  On my machine it seems to increase then
> drop and it hasn't reached 3.1V yet.

> Does it matter if it never gets above 2.7 V?  Does the battery only
> charge when the machine is turned on or is being connected to the
> mains enough?  What is it that draws current from the battery?

It only charges when machine is on.  Remember that ARMini uses so
little power, that being "on" isn't really a big deal.  You probably
use more electricity with lighting the room it is in!

2.7v is plenty to do its job, but if you can ease it up to 3v, you'll
have longer "down time" for when it is off :)

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS