Re: [ARMini-support] Bad response from device

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 17:32:23 +0100

> After setting the number of CD Rom drives in Configure, clicking on
> the CD icon gives the error "Bad response from device".

Make sure it is properly powered.  External DVD drives often need a
separate mains supply, or at least two USB ports.

> Does anyone know what is going on here? Am I am doing anything wrong?
> Is this make/model of drive incompatible?

Hard to say, I'm afraid.  If it is properly powered, it should just
work, but there will always be drives that don't.

Press F12 and type *CDFS followed by *CDDevices to see what drives
CDFS is seeing, and ensure that it has actually picked up your
Pioneer.

> P.S. have not installed OS4 yet - am waiting for it to go "Alpha" :)

If you aren't using too complex a setup it should be fine - we haven't
narrowed down specific problems, but certainly I had no issues at all
with the CD+flashdrive ARMinis we had at the show.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS