Re: [ARMini-support] Adding to Apps

  • From: ChrisF <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:01:28 GMT

In message <e43ee87252.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Note that we'd expect you to store that kind of app on the main
> Filecore flash disc anyway, incidentally, but I think your problem
> will be solved by doing what is described above.
To be honest, I hadn't read that note.

However, having done so, I went to look inside my
!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks and found a file called MountFat32 already
present.
I compared it with the version in Utilities and they appear to be
identical. I copied it across anyway (why, I'm not sure) but the
icon-bar icon still reads 'SSD'.

There's already a folder called  MountFAT32 present in
!Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk and it's contents, "!Run" are the same as
the one in the !Boot.Utilities folder.

(To be sure that I'd not put these files there - I consuted the Backup
copy on 'SSD' and they are present there as well.)

Actually all 4 of these files seem to be the same, they all read:
Fat32FS
Mount 4 { > NULL: }
SCSI

... which, I confess, means nowt to me.

On the positive side, !Ticker has now fired-up when the ARMini was
restarted.

Magic (in both senses of the word.)

--
BW Chris F. [Supporting British RISC OS computers.]

"Return unto thy anvil, Smith; for heads that wax and wane are as
trustworthy as York." Albert Shakespeare.
List-related queries to support@xxxxxxxxxxxx