Re: [ARMini-support] ARMini OS 4 update release - 1Ghz and faster boot

  • From: Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 18:00:43 +0100

In message <c8df108b52.tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
       Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've successfully upgraded to 5.19.
[SNIP]

> In fact, not only does it all work, but a long-standing issue I had
> with Sunfish (NFS client that I use to access a NAS) seems to have
> gone away. Although the actual Sunfish s/w worked once the machine
> had booted, it wouldn't automatically remount the remote discs on a
> reboot. I'd put this down to the network not being fully up by the
> time that Sunfish was run.
>
> However, under 5.19 all the saved mounts appear on boot, which is
> another nice improvement to add to the others.

I spoke too soon.

Now, when I boot, I get back to the problem I had when I first upgraded
to 5.19 - no network (and hence no Sunfish shares).

However, if I then immediately do a restart, it all works. Any
suggestions as to cause and/or cure?

--
Nick Roberts           tigger @ orpheusinternet.co.uk

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which
can be adequately explained by stupidity.