[argyllcms] Re: widegamut LCDs and internal LUT

  • From: Milan Knížek <knizek.confy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:33:56 +0200

Alexandre Prokoudine píše v Po 22. 09. 2008 v 14:13 +0000:

> What will happen if I try to calibrate and profile such a display
> with, say, some i1 Display? And which one should I pick, if one of the
> reviewers of EIZO display says that only Spider3 (which is unsupported
> by Argyll, right?) can work with widegamut LCDs reliably?

I cannot say about other brands, however with Samsung XL20 (see my other
post in this thread) I had some issues with use of separately purchased
Eye One Display II - the display had a slight green colour cast, while
the supplied Huey worked fine.

Samsung web site says that only the supplied devices can be used and not
the ones purchased separately (the monitor is sold with Eye One Dsiplay
II as well, so my own device worked with the proprietary software too).
Supposedly, the supplied device  can have some further hardware tweaks
or my Eye One broke accidentally.

(I have tested neither the Huey nor Eye One with other LCD/CRT yet.)

Best regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz
http://www.milan-knizek.net - about linux and photography