[argyllcms] Re: uuups ... spec2cie swamps my HD

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:03:54 +1100

Klaus Karcher wrote:
Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

I havent analyzed in detail, but I think that as consequence of not finding a reasonable white patch, the conversion from spectral to XYZ and Lab with FWA compensation yields NaN, and real_format() in cgats.c is not prepared to deal with NaN numbers.

cgats.c/real_format() returns a nonsense format ("%6.-2147483644f"),
and the Mac printf then goes into an infinite loop.

I think that the I8 illuminant having zero output at certain
wavelengths is causing the NaN's.