[argyllcms] Re: tiffgamut feature request

Graeme Gill wrote:
I'd tend to look towards a way of interactively adjusting a gamut
mapping/rendering for a particular image to device mapping.

There is a very interesting experimental application published by the Norwegian Color Research Laboratory (the Group around Prof. Jon Hardeberg at the Gjørvik University) presented at the CIC 10:

<http://www.colorlab.no/icc3d>

Amongst many other things, it allows to manipulate the image gamut interactively in 3D.

Is it something like this you have in mind?

Even though icc3d is written in Java and licensed under GPL v2, there is only a windows installer available at the moment unfortunately. Once there were also source an class files and it's possible to run icc3d on Mac (Linux too, I guess).

There are also some papers and posters covering icc3d and interactive gamut manipulation, e.g:

<http://www.imaging.org/store/epub.cfm?abstrid=8433>

Fell free to contact me if you need any additional information.

Klaus